[ExI] Private and government R&D [was Health care in the USA]

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 03:25:43 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>:

>> Canadian taxpayers pay less per capita for their universal public
>> health system than US taxpayers do for their more limited system. That
>> makes the US public health system much less efficient. Why is that?
>>
> ### I am trying not to sound like a jerk, so I wrote "stuff" instead
> of "bullshit" but in this case it lead to a misunderstanding. I am not
> trying to restart a healthcare discussion, I was just dismissing your
> statement, since I know that the Canadian system is a shambles, all
> monopolies are evil bullshit and the US system is evil statist
> bullshit (and contrary to what you say, it *is* a universal access
> public system), and I wrote all that on the list at least 6 times in
> the last 10 years. But for some reason, my interlocutors return like a
> broken record to the same old ....er, stuff.

My point (which no-one has yet addressed) is that *public* health in
the US costs more per capita, while providing less, than *public*
health in Canada, and other shambolic countries. So, just as there are
more and less efficient businesses, there are more and less efficient
public enterprises.

--
Stathis Papaioannou