[ExI] Private and government R&D

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:00:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Stathis Papaioannou<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm also opposed to initiating violence. Letting people die from
> treatable illness, or due to lack of food and shelter, might not be
> "initiating violence" in your book but it is in mine.

### You are using Newspeak. In this antinomian language, just being
there, say listening to some Bach, is violence, if the word's user
decides thusly. I may have never even swatted a fly in my life but you
feel that I am initiating violence if I refuse your demands on my
life.

I do not speak Newspeak. I will not be drawn into discussions using
this form of speech. You are *not* opposed to initiation of violence.

 And that's only
> if business is stupid enough to be bound by ethical consisderations
> when expediency suggests otherwise.

### Huh?

Anybody who encounters a businessman who feels he is not bound by the
ethical considerations of non-initiation of violence may use any means
at his disposal to deal with the business, since refusing to be bound
by moral law excludes the businessman from its protections.

Rafal