[ExI] Charity

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Jul 24 13:51:02 UTC 2009

Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
> 2009/7/24 Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it>:

> My experience of charities such as the Salvation Army in Australia is
> that you simply have to turn up and ask for food or clothing or
> emergency accommodation and they give it to you. There may be some
> cheating but it doesn't seem to be such a big problem, although
> perhaps this is just a relative thing since the private charity sector
> is so much smaller and more limited than the government welfare
> sector. Welfare cheats, on the other hand, are dealt with very
> harshly, perhaps too harshly. A large number of women prisoners, for
> example, are incarcerated for welfare fraud.

Well, there is so much that one can do with a bed to sleep over, a
supper or a set of used clothes.
Surely one in need will ask for them, but not many able to pay for them
will ask.
Government welfare give you an apartment, money, free health care
(usually the same they give to people that pay for it with taxes) and
much more useful things with less strings attached.

Interesting:
taxpayers pay for the frauds of these women and then they pay to keep
these women in jail. They pay more after than before for the same woman.
Would not be better to simply scrap these women from future welfare
forever or for 10 years?
In this way there would be a saving to be done immediately.

Mirco