[ExI] USA Health Costs

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Jun 5 18:28:39 UTC 2009

Il 04/06/2009 10.32, BillK ha scritto:

> <http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5530Y020090604>
>
> Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies: study
> Thu Jun 4, 2009 1:10am EDT
> By Maggie Fox, Health and Science Editor
>
> WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Medical bills are involved in more than 60
> percent of U.S. personal bankruptcies, an increase of 50 percent in
> just six years, U.S. researchers reported on Thursday.
>
> More than 75 percent of these bankrupt families had health insurance
> but still were overwhelmed by their medical debts, the team at Harvard
> Law School, Harvard Medical School and Ohio University reported in the
> American Journal of Medicine.
> etc.....

Maybe, the problem is not the medical debts, but the fact that health
insurance don't cover the loss of a job and the loss of income.

There is a difference to handsomely pay to cure me after a stroke and
cover my living expenses and my family too. If I'm too sick to work, I
will not be able to pay my bill and bankrupt will follow suit. mainly if
the common US citizen have saving for two weeks at hand.

Mirco