[ExI] Mary Magdelene?

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 21:30:47 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 6/5/09, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 7:40 PM,
> Dan<dan_ust at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>> Oh, I agree.  I just wanted to correct the Mary
>> Magdelene was a whore line.
>
> Aren't we *way* off-topic?
>
> Doesn't anybody want to hear about my stamp collection or
> my preferred
> chess opening or the true recipe of apple pie?

I made this statement in the context of a discussion of the impact of religious beliefs on law.  I'm not sure that's all that off topic, especially given that these laws impact what we can do in a big way.  Yes, my hope is that we transcend all this stuff -- and that any discussions of the finer points of these beliefs, myths, and theologies become purely academic -- kind of like when my friends and I discuss the life of John Berryman.  (No one in my circle is willing to kill or die for the finer points on Berryman's life, regardless of how interesting he was.)

Regards,

Dan