[ExI] The Death Toll Imbalance in the Mideast War (Was: Mary Magdelene?/was Re: Iran's plan for their gay population)

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:00:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
America has killed far more Muslims in the past decade than the Muslims have
killed Americans, and this isn't even a cause for remorse, the usual
justification being that they either deserved it or got in the way.

Do you feel that "not enough" Americans have died in the Mideast war??  How
many more will it take for you to feel parity has been achieved??  Please
let me know...

Americans (even those in uniform) tend to feel very sad about innocents
getting killed due to the fighting...  And the Iraqi people have scratched
their heads in amazement as American troops accused of war crimes have (at
least sometimes) been tried for their wrongdoing and convicted.  They were
not used to seeing such things during the reign of Saddam (unless we are
talking about kangaroo courts to destroy Saddam's enemies).

The United States is a vastly more powerful nation then Iran or
Afghanistan, and as great powers tend to do, exercises that power in the way
they see fit.  Afghanistan was a Taliban stronghold and it was only a matter
of time before Iraq developed strong ties with the major terrorist
organizations and became a major supporter of them.  I just wish Pres. Bush
had not lied to start a war that actually needed to be carried out,
but obviously not on a false pretense regarding WMD.

But ask yourself, how would Russia or China behave if they alone had the
combined economic, technological and military power that the U.S.
possesses?  I shudder at the very thought...

A similar war fought by Russia or China would have had a Muslim death toll
ten times (or a hundred times...) what we have had due to mass executions,
concentration/labor camps, the firebombing of entire cities, starvation,
rape, body organ stealing, disease, and death march deportations.  The
United States has tried, at least up to a point, to fight humanely.

America has it's definite shortcomings, but at least we have values and
principles to aspire to (despite sometimes veering off in the wrong
direction, until course corrections are made), instead of merely always
pursuing power for it's own sake and with no concern for human life and
liberty, which is the approach of our rivals.

At least in the cases of the Taliban and Al Queda, we are trying to root out
very vicious organizations that delight in crimes against humanity and who
want to cripple Western civilization.  Yes, it's terrible that so many
innocent Muslims have died in this war, but often their own people (the
insurgents), hide amongst them and use these unfortunate souls as cover
& impromptu human shields.

John Grigg