[ExI] Mary Magdelene?/was Re: Iran's plan for their gay population

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Sat Jun 6 15:49:45 UTC 2009

Il 06/06/2009 15.12, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
> 2009/6/6 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:
>> Il 06/06/2009 5.16, Stathis Papaioannou ha scritto:
>>> 2009/6/6 painlord2k at libero.it<painlord2k at libero.it>:

> "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies,

"Inimicus" not "hostiles", there is a difference but never mind.

> do good to those who hate you,

US troops, in fact, rebuilt much of the infrastructures of Iraq and are
doing the same in Afghanistan. They sent out doctors to help civillians,
give out food and medicines. Open schools where Taliban destroy them,
kill the teachers and throw acid to the pupils (usually if they are
female pupils).

> bless those who curse you,

A curse never killed anyone. And blesses cost nothing.

> pray for those who mistreat you.

Why not? Pray for the rapist after you have stopped him.
Are you advocating to let the rapist to rape without interferences?

> Does the burning of Christian heretics count?

This was done by the secular hand (the government) after the Church
found the guilty of heresy. This because the government (Kings) found
that heresy was a threat to their power.
People, usually, preferred to be tried by the Inquisition than the
secular tribunals for the same crimes.

> The fundamentalist Islamic states are similar to mediaeval Christian
> states. It is *secularism*, not the content of religious dogma, that
> has got rid of these practices.

Unfortunately, we are speaking about now, not then.
Secular communism and Nazism used these practices a few decades ago.
So secularism or atheism can kill as much as religious fanatics.

>> We all know that critics of Christianity are routinely harassed,
>> attacked, killed and silenced. Surely that the writer of the "da
>> Vinci Code" is in hiding, because his life is threatened by
>> Christians fundamentalists, his editors are killed, his Japan
>> translator was knifed down and his Italian translator too (but he
>> was saved just in time).

> In an earlier era, he would have been burned at the stake.

But we live here and now. Not there.
Then, probably, he would be burned down by the King's tribunal order not
the Church one.

> When your country is invaded and you are killed if you resist the
> invasion or get in the way, who is the aggressor?

Last time it happened, Italy was the aggressor.

Italy was invaded by the Allies, cities bombed, civilians killed at
scores, women raped (search for "Marocchinate"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate
or see the movie "Two Women" with Sophia Loren).

> The mayor of Esperia (a comune in the Province of Frosinone),
> reported that in his town, 700 women out of 2,500 inhabitants were
> raped and that some had died as a result. According to Italian
> sources, more than 7,000 Italian civilians, including women, children
> and some men, were raped by Goumiers.[3]

Well, the French had the gut to try and sentence many of these for the
rapes and the killings they did. By the way, from the name you can guess
the religion of these soldiers.

The other mass rapes I remember in WW2 were the rapes done by the Soviet
soldiers as they entered in Germany. Not exactly Christians ones.
But probably the Axis soldiers did as much rapes as them, if not more.

But this don't change the fact that Italy (and Germany) were the
aggressors and deserve to have their government toppled and more
friendlier and humane governments installed.

Or you disagree on this?

Mirco