[ExI] Are hard drugs not really addictive after all?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 07:10:23 UTC 2009

Stathis wrote:
Having complete access to the source code of your brain would not be like
drug addiction or wireheading. This relates to the concept of second order
desires, or desires about desires: "I wish I didn't have such an urge to use
heroin; I wish I got as much pleasure from going for a walk as I do from
using heroin." If the addict could simply adjust his brain in accordance
with these wishes, there wouldn't be a problem.

What do you mean, there wouldn't be a problem??  Do you really want to see
people walking down the street looking out of their minds with bliss? LOL

John  : )