[ExI] Darwin the Deist/was Re: Mary Magdelene?

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 20:53:53 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 6/8/09, painlord2k at libero.it <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:
> Charles Darwin was not an atheist, IIRC.
> He was a Christian. Was he buried where?

IIRC, Darwin started out as a Christian, specifically being schooled with the goal of becoming a parson.  However, IIRC, he did not remain that way, but seems to have ended his days as a deist -- which is still not an atheist, but isn't a Christian.

> Why not Mendel?
> Did Mendel do something wrong?

Why the need for specific celebrations to replace religious or nationalist holidays?  It reminds of some atheists I ran into many years back -- and I'm an atheist too -- who want to set up special atheist holidays and even have some sort of atheistic services on Sundays.  I told them one of the best things about being an atheist, for me, was not having to go to a prayer meet.  :)

Regards,

Dan