[ExI] The Death Toll Imbalance in the Mideast War

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Tue Jun 9 14:29:30 UTC 2009

On Monday 08 June 2009 9:44:10 am Olga Bourlin wrote:
> "I confidently trust that the American people will prove themselves too
> wise not to detect the false pride or the dangerous ambitions or the
> selfish schemes which so often hide themselves under that deceptive cry of
> mock patriotism: 'Our country, right or wrong!' They will not fail to
> recognize that our dignity, our free institutions and the peace and welfare
> of this and coming generations of Americans will be secure only as we cling
> to the watchword of true patriotism: 'Our country-when right to be kept
> right; when wrong to be put right."
> Carl Schurz,  The Policy of Imperialism, Speeches, Correspondence and
> Political Papers of Carl Schurz, vol. 6, pp. 119-20 (1913).

Unfortunately, it now appears that the American people cannot distinguish mock
patriotism from real righteousness.  I am appalled at how easily the U.S. fell
right into the patterns of Animal Farm and 1984.  Double-speak-talk-good!
Some people are more equal than others.

--
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>