[ExI] Attacking Rand

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:23:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Eschatoon Magic<eschatoon at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am frequently surprised by how often the name of Rand appears on the
> list. I tried often reading some of her novels, but always gave up
> after a few pages because I found them too boring.

I am one of the indeed very few Europeans who went through her works,
which are almost unknown this side of the Atlantic. Can't say that I
share her ideology and for a Russian she is way too American as a
novelist for my taste, but the truth is that I like in general the
between-world-wars sense of "everything is possible" titanic
Zeitgeist, and she reflects it as much as Eisenstein's Potemkin or
Lang's Metropolis... :-)

In fact, Atlas Shrugged, having been written later, is way more boring
than the Fountainhead.

--
Stefano Vaj