[ExI] Deuteronomy Chapter 13

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Wed Jun 10 18:56:36 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 5:08:46 pm Samantha  Atkins wrote:
> > But when you realize that these non-believers include atheists,
> > muslims, gays,
> > transgendered, liberals, minorities, abortionists, and other
> > traditional
> > enemies of the religious right, you will see that the killings
> > already happen
> > almost regularly.
>
> I don't think they do.  Please point out actual murder stats by
> category tied to religious/political views of the assailant.

Please specify exactly what you are disputing, before I waste time trying to
find statistics.  Do you dispute that abortion doctors get killed by
christians?  Or that gays get killed by christians?  Or that virtually all
white-supremacist groups are biblically based?

Or are you just arguing that these murders don't occur too "regularly" even
though they are not too uncommon?

There is plenty of evidence that some segments of christianity promote
violence.  Quibbling over the exact numbers is a red herring.

Here are some references:

- The Wikipedia article on Christian Terrorism
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism>

- The FBI hate-crime statistics <http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm>

- The Christian Violence FAQ
<http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_index.htm>