[ExI] Deuteronomy Chapter 13

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Fri Jun 12 12:07:39 UTC 2009

Il 11/06/2009 22.07, Stefano Vaj ha scritto:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Harvey Newstrom<mail at harveynewstrom.com>  wrote:
>> On Thursday 11 June 2009 12:03:30 pm painlord2k at libero.it wrote:
>>> In Italy I'm not aware of any abortion doctors being killed by any
>>> Christian fundamentalist for doing abortions and the Catholic Church
>>> constantly condemn the abortions.
>> Here are 9 murders, 17 attempted murders, 383 death threats, 153 incidents of
>> assault or battery against abortion providers by Christians:
>
> Yes. Protestant fundamentalists are somewhat in-between Muslims and
> Catholics in taking their faith seriously.
>
> Not that catholic traditionalists do not exist in Latin Europe, but
> they are mostly concerned with social conservatism and beautiful
> rituals, and belonging to an "aristocracy" or at best old bourgeoisie
> who have lost any taste for personal risks for centuries even though
> they may be nostalgic of burning people at stake they are not really
> inclined to act upon their beliefs.

Given the numbers, the psychiatric / characterial explanation appear me
most probable.

Given society and genetics and chance, a few people will become violent,
criminal people. A few of these will channel their sociophatic
tendencies in a way that is not self-serving but will serve a small
group belief.

This explanation would, obviously, be inadequate if the share of people
acting so is too large compared with the people exposed to the meme.

Mirco