[ExI] Taking faith seriously/was Re: Deuteronomy Chapter 13

dan_ust at yahoo.com dan_ust at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 18:03:54 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 6/12/09, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/12 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> > On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM, Harvey Newstrom<mail at harveynewstrom.com>
> wrote:
> being killed by any
> and the Catholic Church
> >>
> >> Here are 9 murders, 17 attempted murders, 383
> death threats, 153 incidents of
> >> assault or battery against abortion providers by
> christians:
> >
> > Yes. Protestant fundamentalists are somewhat inbetween
> muslims and
> > catholics in taking their faith seriously.
>
> Really? I would have said the Protestant fundamentalists
> are worse
> than the Catholics. Even the Pope has admitted that the
> Bible is an
> allegory, in acknowledging for example that Evolution is
> correct.

I think he meant that Muslims take their faith seriously, Catholics don't, and Protestant fundamentalists are somewhere between the two extremes.  I'm not sure this generalization is true.  To my knowledge, most people calling themselves by any label will probably not be the most doctrinaire exemplars of that label.

Regards,

Dan