[ExI] Inflatable tower could climb to the edge of space

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jun 13 21:39:56 UTC 2009

At 01:56 PM 6/13/2009 -0700, Spike wrote:

>Last time I looked at this, I saw one particularly appealing mountain in
>South America, about four or five degrees south latitude as I recall.

Quito is sometimes favored, just barely south of
the equator. 00°15'00"S 78°35'00"W

In THE WHITE ABACUS, I had a sort of cascade sky
hook falling on the east coast of Africa at the
mouth of Jubba River, near the port town of
Kismaayo in Somalia. 0°21'37"S 42°32'55"E

>But not now, I have a birthday party to attend.  The Lilliputian Lad turns
>three.

How time flies when you're accelerating. Mazel tov!

Damien Broderick