[ExI] 2/3 game, round 1

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Jun 14 15:50:01 UTC 2009

Here's a game for us, with a grand prize* for the winner, just to make it
interesting (compared to, say, pulling weeds out of the lawn.)  To play,
choose any number between 0 and 99 inclusive.  At the end of tomorrow
(Monday) I will take all the numbers for round 1, and the winner of the
grand prize is the person who chose the number that is closest to 2/3 of the
average of the numbers posted, without going under.  For instance, if there
are five players and they post 33.333, 60.2, 19, 28 and pi, then the average
is 28.73, and now 2/3 of that is 19.16 and the grand prize winner is the
28er, because she is closest without going under.

For this first round, do post your number out where everyone can see.  I am
scheming for a second round where the players will post to me privately.
Then a round where anyone can choose to either show their hand or post
privately (or can do one of each).  Then a round where anyone can post any
number without limits, positive or negative.  But for this first round, all
players public, number between 0 and 99 inclusive, closest above 2/3 wins
the grand prize.

Do feel free to post your variation of the game.  I will go first.  I choose
37.

spike

* The grand prize is my everlasting admiration.  Or until I forget,
whichever comes first,  void where prohibited, check local restrictions, see
store for details.