[ExI] Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism

Dan dan_ust at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 15:21:59 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 6/17/09, natasha at natasha.cc <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> Damien, good piece.  However you
> are tired of academic nonsense, we (not necessarily meaning
> "you" per se, but your writings will suffice for you in this
> regard) do have deal with it because the very structure
> human enhancement futures is being built upon in learning
> institutions is a hack job.

Well, there are two broad approaches one can take to this -- and they're not mutually exclusive: enter into these institutions to alter their views or opt out of them and let them change as they may.  The latter strategy happens often enough and one could say that the Extropian and transhumanist movements pursue both now.  There are things like this list, conferences, and the like that are clearly alternatives to mainstream or academic lists, conferences, and the like.

Regards,

Dan