[ExI] Posthumanism vs. Transhumanism

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:17:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 1:04 AM, Tom Nowell<nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Academics can claim all they like about transhumanism being weak. However, I could point to their field of philosophy and ask "Where are your popularisers? Where is your Kurzweil or Broderick? Where are your websites and online magazines? How diverse are the attendants at your conferences?"

Absolutely, but there again post-humanism itself does not even claim
to be a social movement or a group culture, but rather a philosophical
stance, in the strictest sense, as well as an "approach", shared by a
number of rather diverse authors.

This is why the real issue IMHO would be to persuade posthumanists to
embrace transhumanist conclusions, and transhumanists to know more, or
be less biased against, some parts of posthumanist thought. The
reverse would not even make sense.

--
Stefano Vaj