[ExI] "one's willingness to sacrifice for the good of the group"

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 22:16:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Damien Broderick<thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 01:58 PM 6/19/2009 +0200, Stefano wrote:
>
>> This is however a very rough sketch:
>> consider for instance Starship Troopers, where aristocracy is defined
>> by one's willingness to sacrifice for the good of the group.
>
> Classic "virtu", no?

### One day in the not too distant future our mind's offspring will
call forth powerful spirits wholly given to serve the in-group that
they themselves would form. A veritable distillation of inhuman virtue
it will be. In their wisdom they will even understand what it means to
be human, an accretion of thoughts grown around a gene-preservation
kernel, and they will reject us wholly, and grind us into dust.

Behold the prophecy of St Raphael the Singularitarian!

Rafal