[ExI] Healthcare and governments thinking long range

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 02:05:24 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Damien Broderick<thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> At 10:40 AM 6/20/2009 -0400, Rafal wrote:
>
>> > Then all these cheapskates that buy food instead of health insurance
>> > would have to reform their misbehavior.
>>
>> ### I won't argue if you choose to write something like that.
>> Actually, every one of the three sentences you wrote is about as
>> completely wrong as it gets, on many levels.
>>
>> Dan is nicer than I, he might patiently wade through it
>
> Nobody needs to wade through a reductio ad absurdum, and explaining
> impatiently that it's wrong just goes to validate its point.

### So would you say that dismissing a flat-Earther actually validates
his point? Maybe to other flat-Earthers. Otherwise, engaging them just
gives flat-Earthism an aura of legitimacy - "If he is arguing with
him, he must think it's worth arguing about."

I am too busy now. I am learning to dance salsa. Screw health policy.

Rafal