[ExI] Healthcare and governments thinking long range

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:11:57 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Stathis Papaioannou<stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/6/24 Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
>
>> ### Read "The state is very powerful, and whoever influences it, will
>> force their will to the detriment of others". Still love the
>> government?
>
> No, I hate the government. But worse than government is unfettered
> private corporations who could ultimately enslave me.

### Only if they became the government.

Yes, hate. This is probably a necessary step to enlightenment, to
casting away the ties that bind slaves to their master. Hate, because
hate will make us free.

Now, let's join hands and hate together. Once you let hate corrode
your chains, the shining light of your intellect will lead you calmly
to become an anarchocapitalist. And the souls of apostles Hayek and
Mises will rejoice, and our prophet Friedman will bless you.
Hallelujah!

--------------------

> But if the savings are compulsory, kept in trust by the government,
> have to be used only for particular purposes, can't be cashed in
> whenever you feel like it, and so on, then it is just like a tax. The
> alternative of just letting people keep the money means having no
> public health system at all, and the Singaporean government (Lee Kuan
> Yew, in effect) did not see this as a good idea.

### No, really, taxes are different from compulsory savings. Taxes are
taken from you and then used for whatever purpose the thieves want
(paying off their sponsors, slaughtering random Iraqis or other brown
people, building bridges to nowhere), compulsory savings are still
used for your own direct benefit by you when hiring people to fulfill
your own desires - not ideal, not your money in fee simple, but still
much more yours than whatever disappears in the maw of USG budget. And
as I said, even Singaporeans are not perfect, they are just less
stupid than Americans or Aussies.

Rafal