[ExI] simple solution to health care

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Jun 25 04:56:18 UTC 2009

At 02:04 PM 6/25/2009 +0930,  Emmers wrote:

>We headed to the Royal Adelaide
>Hospital, emergency department, late on a Saturday night.
>Jodie was in there until late afternoon the following day.
>...the whole experience went very well, and cost us
>$0.00.

I took myself to the ER a few months back with some disturbing
cardiac symptoms. I hung about for a while getting a history taken,
then was wired up to machines that went 'ping', given some drugs, and
eventually admitted. BP tested every few hours, more pills trialed,
monitor strapped to me for 24 hours, allowed out the next day. Cost:
$16,000, with bills still dribbling in. Thank god at least I didn't
have to suffer the metaphysical horrors and shame of socialized medicine.

Damien Broderick