[ExI] DARPA seeking Genesis-style godware capability

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:22:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 11:18 PM, Dan <dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If people were allowed to keep more of their money and the government didn't have such a big footprint in R&D, then I bet there'd be a lot more private investment in this area.

In fact, Project Manhattan, Project Apollo, Project Human Genome,
ITER, Hubble, the Large Hadron Collider, when they were launched had
investors standing in a line for the opportunity to finance the thing,
and were sorely disappointed that they were not given the opportunity,
of, say, waging their own private-initiative war against imperial
Japan. :-)

> Right now, DARPA and related agencies in the US and in other countries, act to subsidize basic and fringe research for the corporate world.  It's merely another way the corporate ruling class gets a subsidy.

Absolutely. See nuclear research investments in North Korea... :-)

--
Stefano Vaj