[ExI] left on iran

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 11:26:04 UTC 2009

> Billk wrote:
> There have been protests around the world, but your specific query was
> about the US left reaction.
>
> The main problem is that the election was probably about as fair as
> you can get in Iran. (Note that the US elections have problems as
> well).

Oh, really?  The claims were that massive election fraud had taken place in
Iran...

> There is a split in the Iran population. The faithful rural
> population voted about 60% in favor of the status quo. The city
> dwellers voted about 30% for the opposition. So all the protests don't
> change the election. But there is a large minority that wants more
> representation of their views.
> That's fine and should be supported, but this is hardly a cause to die for.

And so the election was not mired in fraud and the Iranian people should
not risk their lives to try and get at least some respect and control?
Bill, I had no idea you were in the pocket of the Iranian theocracy...

>From the US POV of course, whoever wins, they are still Muslim, so who
cares?
Who wrote this??  Did you?

John