[ExI] elections again

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Jun 26 22:25:54 UTC 2009

At 02:19 PM 6/26/2009 -0700, Spike wrote:

>The intelligence part would be to
>accurately give her husband his pair of codes, and the neighbor his pair of
>codes, and keep her pair of codes, without getting them mixed up, for this
>error could be fatal.

You've made my point for me.

(More importantly, I think this would look like wicked obscure voodoo
to most voters, who'd reject the proposal angrily, being sure it was
a way to hoodwink them--*exactly because they wouldn't be able to
understand wtf*. And after all, it *is* exactly a way for some voters
to hoodwink a lot of other voters.)

Damien Broderick