[ExI] US Gives Up On Eradicating Afghanistan's Opium

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:07:36 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Damien Broderick<thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> I wonder what it would cost to buy all the opium in Afghanistan,
> and if we  have learned anything at all in the intervening four decades.

I wonder how many miles one would have to drag Dick Cheney behind a
pick-up truck before two shoes (with feet in them) and a long smear on
the pavement were all that remained.  Hmmmmm.  Surface texture of the
pavement is likely a variable.  Have to google up "grant application
procedures".

Science can be fun.

Best, Jeff Davis

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well
please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take
the consequences."
                 P.J. O'Rourke