[ExI] public funding of election PR

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Jun 29 22:21:31 UTC 2009

At 02:55 PM 6/29/2009 -0700, Spike wrote:

>Illegal contributions can still be funneled thru citizens that need not even
>know they donated to a candidate.  Millions of dollars went to Hillary
>Clinton this way, and they didn't even make any dramatic effort to hide it.

References, please. (Not denying this, just wondering how you know.
Please say Rush didn't tell you--you know, that really marginal media
character.)

>I suspect this as the reason why Obama waited so long to say anything about
>the Iranian elections, because the Iranians made illegal campaign donations,
>more to him than to his rival.

Jesus, Spike, this sounds like a wander into tinfoil hat territory.
References, please.

As for the Iranian elections--have you checked out Jeff's links yet?

Damien Broderick

Database version: 6.12710