[ExI] Private and government R&D

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 22:23:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Dan<dan_ust at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm saying that we don't need to do that at all under a voluntary system: there are enough transhumanists and other people interested in techno-progress to make it happen under a voluntary.

Really? In India or China, perhaps. But in western countries? And
besides freedom and coercion, there is also *prohibition", which may
not be of a strictly legal nature, but be nevertheless effective.

And as Gregory Stock says in "Redesigning humans", this may not be
going to change *whether* something is going to happen, but for sure
"when, what where, who, why", what happens in a galaxy far, far away
in one age or another not being exactly my primary concern.

--
Stefano Vaj