[ExI] left on iran

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jun 30 00:02:46 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Jeff Davis
> Subject: Re: [ExI] left on iran
>
> One final note on this business.   There's an old saying: "Be careful
> what you wish for." or in the immortal words of Spock, "After
> a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing
> after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
>
> Having Mr. Mousavi as the Iranian president might not have
> proven all sunshine and roses for the US...Best, Jeff Davis

Jeff, of course.  This really isn't about one bad guy vs. another, it isn't
for me.  It isn't about who won, but rather: who won?  We don't know.  This
is really about elections and democracy.  It is about US elections, because
we have only two viable parties in the US and the counts are always close,
and sometimes closer, as we saw in 2000.  In 2000 (and 2004) no one really
cared because the leading candidates were identical twins.  But the two
major parties in the US appear to be diverging, in which case it will matter
who wins.  If we don't know, it will be big trouble.