[ExI] public funding of election PR

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Jun 30 14:42:27 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Fred C. Moulton
> > No news stories on that.  It just puzzled me he wouldn't speak up
> > sooner and louder, with video images of government thugs
> beating unarmed protestors.
> > His commentary just seemed late and lite.
>
> Maybe the reason that Obama did not speak out early and
> loudly is because he has some basic common sense as well as a
> basic understanding of history.  As I wrote previously
> sometimes the best thing to do is not to say anything...Fred

Then why say anything later?  After the others had already said their piece,
and the revolt was already mostly crushed?  It isn't interfering to condemn
a government's commission of brutal violence on it's own people.

There is one aspect of this shameful episode that inspires hope: all over
the globe we were able to see what was happening near real-time, from cel
phone cameras and other direct links.  Has that ever happened before?