[ExI] government corruption

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:38:46 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com>wrote:

> At 11:26 PM 2/21/2009 -0500, Rafal wrote:
>
>  > What incredible nonsense. So I take it you've never had a credit card or
>> > bank loan, for example.
>>
>> ### Wow, Damien, are had a credit card that just jumped out of your
>> wallet and started buying stuff you didn't want?!
>>

> Apparently--to my continuing astonishment--fucking up their records of
> one's dealings with them, as they do repeatedly, either carelessly or
> guilefully, so one is baselessly listed in credit reports as a defaulter,
> and then they take forever to fix it, after one spends hours on the phone to
> useless "staff", or they never do. In addition, as my financial advisor
> noted:

Damien, to the best of my knowledge that it takes ~8 years to purge
financial records.  So it is not "forever", it is 8 years.  Which if you
have a long term perspective on things is not so very long.   It is less
than a decade (1/7th or 1/8th of ones life using standard measures.)  Though
I would tend to agree that the time being spent to fix things before that
period may be an endless time sink.