[ExI] israelis defeat physics

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Mar 13 13:39:23 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Stathis Papaioannou
> > On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> BillK, to compare the death rate before and after the invasion and
> >> counting the difference as deaths due to war is exactly why the
> >> Lancet lost a lot of credibility.

> I assumed what spike meant was that the fact that health
> statistics would deteriorate as a result of invasion was so
> obvious as to be of little scientific interest, and therefore
> the Lancet must have published the papers for some other
> reason, i.e. as propaganda. But maybe I misunderstood.
> --
> Stathis Papaioannou

Ja, either invasion, Iran or coalition.  Actually it isn't at all clear how
to estimate the number of deaths from any political action, but the Lancet
doesn't seem to suffer from uncertainty.  How does one estimate how many
would have been slain had Iran and Iraq gone at it again?  If we acknowledge
that stopping another Iran and Iraq war has enabled the apparent upcoming
larger war between Iran and Israel, how do we count that?

There are plenty of amateur political commentators.  The Lancet should stick
to medicine and let the political jaws ratchet as they do so early and
often.