[ExI] global warming again

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 18:25:29 UTC 2009

2009/3/16 Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com>:
> If you are right, I will at some time in the future be proven wrong, and I
> will shrug and spend time on other things.

Mmhhh. "Deniers" may well end up as the victims of some sort of witch
hunting even *before* we get to any final conclusion as to the
existence of GW and to the effectiveness of the reduction of anthropic
carbon emissions to fight it.

But it is not as if an unconditional fight against supposed "warming"
factors does not have  price in terms of human lives.

In principle, today millions *do* die and suffer for different causes
the solution of which may well be made impossible, limited, or
postponed owing the choice of such an altogether different priority;
or even may in some instances be facing a reduction of life expectancy
owing to allegedly warming-reducing measures, etc.

We have recently discussed the difficult nature of death figures
attribution, and how many victims can sofar be directly "credited" to
GW?

--
Stefano Vaj