[ExI] who needs humans?

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:54:30 UTC 2009

2009/3/16 spike <spike66 at att.net>

>  We are sooo getting closer to replacing ourselves:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brD5D0ytD04
>

> http://www.engadget.com/2009/03/16/japans-hrp-4c-fashion-model-robot-unveiled-already-harassed/

It is both a very eerie and exciting sight.  I remember a number of years
ago reading that to program/build a robot to walk like a bipedal humanoid
(especially for going upstairs/downstairs) would be a monumental feat that
would take much longer than it actually did.

I am so glad the Japanese have their fascination (and willingness to use
lots of resources) with bipedal humanoid robots.  They are making good
progress in a field that perhaps the West might have neglected for awhile.

I wonder where they will be a decade from now?  Two decades?  Three?
Especially, if the Singularity does not arrive within the relative
near-future.

John Grigg

P.S.  Guess what film I'm watching right now..., "Small Soldiers."  They
just got done with the crazy Barbies scene. hee  I hope these Japanese
androids don't ever go half as bonkers! lol