[ExI] If Politicians were Innocent and Honest

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 06:29:53 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com>:

>> Lucifer was an almost perfect being ruled perfectly
>> by a perfect being, but still he was dissatisfied.
>> And good for him!
>
> Lucifer was a traitorous bastard who deserved to go to
> hell. And if all those stories are to be believed, then
> in addition, to this day he still causes mischief and
> the corruption of souls. And if there is anything we
> need less of, it's corruption!

Lucifer was also the archetypal rebel. What annoys me about religion
(apart from the fact that it isn't true) is that we are expected to
submit to, worship, praise, obey, love, adore etc. God simply because
we are his creatures - or else. I think there is something noble in
characters like Lucifer or Dostoevsky's Ivan Karamazov  who accept
that God exists but still reject him.

--
Stathis Papaioannou