[ExI] Medical journal says Pope full of shit

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Mar 27 21:10:29 UTC 2009

At 09:23 PM 3/27/2009 +0100, Dagon wrote:

>You have a naieve perception of human nature.

I'm so relieved that someone has noticed this at last! I was getting
depressed by the common opinion that I'm snarky, cynical and imperious!

>I boldly claim that throughout
>all of history, in both puritan or depraved periods, the level of
>fornication, adultery,
>sodomy or any variation there off has been flat unchanging high. As in as much
>as possible.

It seems unlikely. Medical statistics doesn't seem to bear this out.
But maybe I'm wrong about that particular, and the surge in venereal
diseases during and after the mid '60s was entirely to do with
replacement of many condoms with the Pill. On the other hand, I know
that many Xians internalized the repressive domination of their
doctrine to a degree that forced them, alas, into almost total
celibacy followed by lifelong fidelity, while hardly any of their
kids or grandkids have adopted those restraints.

Damien Broderick