[ExI] Worshiping that Divine Blowhard

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Mar 29 04:21:58 UTC 2009

Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> 2009/3/27 Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com>:
>
>>> Lucifer was an almost perfect being ruled perfectly
>>> by a perfect being, but still he was dissatisfied.
>>> And good for him!
 >>
>> Lucifer was a traitorous bastard who deserved to go to
>> hell. And if all those stories are to be believed, then
>> in addition, to this day he still causes mischief and
>> the corruption of souls. And if there is anything we
>> need less of, it's corruption!
>
> Lucifer was also the archetypal rebel.

That's not necessarily good, of course.

> What annoys me about religion
> (apart from the fact that it isn't true) is that we are expected to
> submit to, worship, praise, obey, love, adore etc. God simply because
> we are his creatures - or else.

You said it! If God exists, he is not good (and, as you know,
if God is good, then he does not exist). I've quite had my
fill of children dying in prolonged and excruciating pain
in the cancer wards.

There indeed is something sick about worship period. Worship?
No modern person with any sense of good taste whatsoever
surely can said a good word for it. The very idea!

And to *worship* a being---or pretend to---simply because
he'll see to it that you go to hell if you don't, well
words hardly suffice.

But they do, barely. If there was such a petty tyrranical
all-knowing being that runs *everything*, okay, I'm on
my needs however many times a week He wants. Now, if He
were just Good, it might even be entirely worth it! (I'm
not too proud to worship if the alternatives are worse.)

Lee