[ExI] Medical journal says Pope full of shit

Christopher Whipple crwbot at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:56:29 UTC 2009

2009/3/27 Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 4:32 PM, John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>> LONDON, March 27 (Reuters) - A prestigious medical journal on Friday
>> accused Pope Benedict of distorting scientific evidence to promote Catholic
>> doctrine by saying that condoms increase the spread of AIDS.
>

> This is interesting, because for once the catholic church commits to
> something with is verifiable and falsifiable.
>
> Now, the question is: would the increased AIDS risks arising from of the
> number of sexual intercourses that would not take place unless the
> participants were confident in the their ability to avoid the risk of
> sexually transmitted diseases (and of unwanted pregnancies, to be fair),
> such as for instance broken condoms or other forms of exchange of fluids
> during the intercourse,  exceed the reduction of contagion rate arising from
> the use of condoms?

The question that's really on my mind, given all of this, is whether
or not health insurance companies can use this as an argument to start
asking the religious affiliations of those seeking insurance.  If you
subscribe to a certain belief system that's demonstrably harmful to
you, up go your rates.

What happens when your chosen religion's irrationality starts hitting
your wallet?