[ExI] note about Re: The sky is falling!

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Mar 29 06:02:26 UTC 2009

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Rafal [wrote]:
>>
>>> ### Futures are an aggregate measure of guesses by people who are
>>> willing to put their cash on the table, therefore their guesses can be
>>> taken more seriously than the solar-pie-in-orbit stuff. People in the
>>> know know that oil won't run out anytime soon.
>> If the amount of money spent on a belief is a measure of how seriously
>> that belief should be taken, what do you make of religion?
>>
> ### Good question.

I just said the very same thing to Stathis, word for word.

And yesterday, also before reading Rafal's post, I used
the word "bastard" in the same sense as he.

Great minds think alike, I would hope---but anyway, I take
it as a compliment from the universe that I am provoked
to say the same things as Rafal S.

Lee