[ExI] Next: teaching the flat earth controversy in TX schools

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:13:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 10:40 PM, Damien Broderick

> I wonder how a teacher would fare who adopted this ID line but taught with great passion that the Raelian position was far superior to evolution: that is, UFO aliens had created us. Students wouldn't be obliged to *believe* this, naturally, but would need to be up to speed on it at least to the same extent as they have to be on evolution. Then Scientologists could teach Hubbard's anti-evolution version, and so on, or cynics could teach it as an instance of ID.

You won't believe it, but in Italy we have a few self-defined
"extropians" - actually the same who like to imply that I would
have... neofascist inclinations - who publish writings of a neocon
professor called Carlo Pelanda openly preaching the adoption of
research programmes on ID to appease the christians, since
"reinforcing the christian good is a priority for the West: fighting
Islam, evangelisation of Asia to introduce the concept of individual
freedon in order to prepare it to democracy, ... In conclusion,
christianity is useful to the social order and to the Western Empire"
(sic). See http://www.estropico.com/id306.htm.

--
Stefano Vaj