[ExI] Superman, Go Home!

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 01:19:17 UTC 2009

2009/3/30 Chad Robb <ninjawaffles at gmail.com>:
> People are working on creating amazing special effects from implanted
> subdermal chips, super-focus contact lenses, regrown organs and other
> bionics and cybernetics. When Homo Superior walks the Earth, some people
> will be threatened and others will celebrate them as the future. If they're
> attractive, they can be celebrities.

Meanwhile Home Sapiens Scientia will continue geeking away in the
suburbs of the world, as we like to do :-)

> Legislation protecting enhanced people, especially genetically modified
> children.
> Blackberry to brainchip communication.
> Job Requirements include enhanced reflexes.
>
> What would you expect?

Blackberry? Bleh.

The day job requirements begin to include enhancements will be very
cool. There's been talk elsewhere about what we do when we are made
obsolete by AGI, but I think enhanced humans will give them a run for
their money; there's no guarantee we get to AGI before we morph into
it ourselves.

I expect we'll see individuals integrate more and more tightly with
the communications networks. We are already on that path, it's
particularly exposed in the mobile "phone" continuum.

I expect to see some very interesting questions about the nature of
identity popping up, as the wall around the self continues to break
down. Look for this stuff in the younger generations.

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related
http://point7.wordpress.com - ranting