[ExI] Power satellites

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat May 2 16:44:28 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM, John K Clark <jonkc at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> "Stefano Vaj" <stefano.vaj at gmail.com>
>> natural fossil and other chemical fuels and
>> the possible scarcity thereof are really not
>> an issue when you have abundant, cheap
>> energy from another source.
>
> At the present time there are only 2 abundant sources of energy, solar and
> nuclear fission; neither is anywhere close to being cheap, especially solar,
> space based or otherwise. Environmentalists love to say otherwise, but
> they're kidding themselves and trying to kid us.

"When you have" meaning of course "If you had". As to the chances of
the hypothetical ever becoming true, the best candidates for me are
nuclear fusion, space power satellites, and deep geothermy.

Nuclear fission is a so-so, and the rest is IMHO a joke, unless for
very specific and limited purposes.

--
Stefano Vaj