[ExI] Blogging platforms

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Fri May 8 11:16:37 UTC 2009

2009/5/8 Max More <max at maxmore.com>:
> Since I'm planning to re-launch my blog, I'd like to also decide whether to
> stick with Blogger or move to a different platform. If you have any opinions
> about the relative merits of Blogger, Wordpress, Metacafe, etc., I'd like to
> hear them.
>
> I'm looking for a modest degree of customization, perhaps the ability to
> share the blog with one or two other people, and (very importantly)
> longevity in the platform -- I don't want to have to move everything a
> couple of years from now because the organization supporting the platform
> has gone away.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Max
>

> -------------------------------------
> Max More, Ph.D.
> Strategic Philosopher
> Extropy Institute Founder
> www.maxmore.com
> max at maxmore.com
> -------------------------------------

I'm a fan of Wordpress. It's nice software to use, you can get a
hassle-free blog at http://wordpress.com. Importantly, it's open
source, and thus there are import and export functions. So, if you
ever want to move it to another wordpress host, or host it yourself,
you can. That's an unusual ability in this software-as-a-service
world.

--
Emlyn

http://emlyntech.wordpress.com - coding related