[ExI] libertarians and inheritance

painlord2k at libero.it painlord2k at libero.it
Mon May 11 20:28:59 UTC 2009

Il 11/05/2009 8.31, Lee Corbin ha scritto:

> We see this in miniature all the time, however. Every time someone
> invents a new widgit, we have wealth creation. But there are myriad
> mysteries here. For example, when the European countries "damage"
> African economies by exporting artificially cheap food to them, how
> exactly is this different from an African genius inventing a machine
> that does the same thing?

The main difference is that the artificially cheaper food exported is
used to transfer wealth from european taxpayers to the subsided European
farmers. In Africa the only people really gaining something are the
politicians and the bureaucrats that monopolize the cheap imports. So,
they drive out of the market the local farmers and keep the people
unable to produce food for themselves. When a disruption of the commerce
happen, the locals are unable to feed themselves.

The marvel machine would be under the control of the persons using the
produced food, so there would not be scarcity or the same level of
dependency on others.

At the end the difference is being able to feed themselves or needing to
be feed by others.

Mirco