[ExI] Meme change not person death/was Re: Friedmanandnegative income tax

Henrique Moraes Machado (CI) cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:35:04 UTC 2009

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 08:44:02AM -0300, Henrique Moraes Machado (CI)
> wrote:
>>> As it happens, post-military South America seems to have largely
>>> embraced universal health care.  Peru, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay...
>>
>> Speaking of Brazil... our public health care system is a mockery. Just
>> for starters:

Damien Sulivan> Hmm, I'd heard otherwise from another Brazilian.

> The Web seems to say "underfunded", "HMOs dump high-cost patients on the
> public system", and "cool electronic records system the US can only
> dream of".

Oh yes. I forgot that part. The private health security firms really try to
dump as much as they can on the public system. This only adds to the general
chaos.
And as for the electronic records, progress actually has been made. I admit
it.