[ExI] jewish humor

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun May 17 20:02:25 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] jewish humor, was the anti-Jews
>
> At 12:11 PM 5/17/2009 -0700, Spike wrote:
>
> >"...great architect'?  NO!  But I get caught with just ONE
> LITTLE COCK
> >in my mouth, and they all point and say..."
> >
> >Made ya laugh, didn't it?  Why?
>
> No. The word "little" squicked me (and not from any
> spam-related anxieties).
>
> Damien Broderick

Actually I thought that was part of the brilliance of the joke.  It swings
on our possibly having anticipated "one little mistake" and then blends the
whole inadequacy anxiety that most of us men have to the point of absurdity,
which must entertain women enormously and has created an entire industry.

Interesting point however is that in Asimov's analysis he mentions that when
he told the joke to an audience he didn't use the adjective, but that
afterwards someone told him the joke is funnier with 'little' in there.

In retrospect it may be suggestive of involving children, which I hadn't
thought of before, and yes that would kill the joke.