[ExI] the anti-Jews

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Mon May 18 01:47:05 UTC 2009

From: "MB" <mbb386 at main.nc.us>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>

> Heh.  Yes.  Pageantry.  All those candles, floor to ceiling paintings of
> unknown
> holy men and women, saints whose names I did not know, the incense wafting
> everywhere, and the wonderful powerful singers singing in a strange and
> unknown
> tongue. Wow!

It was a known language to me, but the messages never interested me.
Blessings, praises, grovelings ...

> The old women in black were a bit discouraging though, all huddled up.

They creeped me out (especially when then knelt down and continually bonged
their heads on the floor after crossing themselves, over and over again).

> I didn't realize the Orthodox church supported the Nazis too. :(

It's difficult to separate the church from the culture (and during the
Bolshevik years, it was just as difficult to separate the Communist regime
from the culture). I only recently started delving into this:

http://www.cambridge.org/us/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=0521845122

The not cultured,
Olga