[ExI] against Many Worlds QT

Aware aware at awareresearch.com
Mon May 18 03:12:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 7:13 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
> For realists like me, attempting to uncover the truth,
> or perhaps just modeling our activities as a pursuit
> of a (completely) unattainable final goal, is definitely
> the best approach.

Lee, my purpose in raising this issue will be served when it's
recognized that you simply can't "model" an "unattainable final goal."
 What is the behavior of this element?  Precisely how does it
constrain the behavior of the model as a whole?

Your imagined "realism" is incoherent, epistemologically untenable as
I said earlier, despite the righteousness with which it is defended
against the perceived threats of vague mush-headedness, mysticism,
relativism, postmodernism, etc., none of which are my position.

Your position is not so much wrong as it is lacking in the
sophistication necessary for effective reasoning about complex,
evolving, *open* systems increasingly applicable to our world of
increasing technological and social change.

- Jef