[ExI] Left Behind

Eschatoon Magic eschatoon at gmail.com
Fri May 22 18:03:15 UTC 2009

Please do!

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> wrote:
>> Giulio wrote:
> I could go on about the more encompassing extropian view (as I see it)
> and also the argument against an essential identity, but I've probably
> lost or irritated too many already.  [And I have work to do.]

Indeed, I think that these natural and enthusiastic yearnings for
escape may drive practical striving toward a better tomorrow. And no,
I don't think they take attention away from the challenges and hard
work of the here and now. I have seen enough people dying of cancer,
confined to a life support system, destroyed by age, or just
profoundly unhappy to conclude that life, as it is, sucks. If not for
these natural and enthusiastic yearnings for escape, I would not
consider life as worth living, let alone find the interest and drive
to strive toward a better tomorrow.