[ExI] Valid economic reasoning should never go out of style/wasRe: More on Health Costs

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri May 29 22:27:02 UTC 2009

> ...On Behalf Of BillK
> >

> No. The boom-bust cycle in inherent in laissez-faire capitalism.
> (I know you and some libertarian economic theorists deny this).
> But that's the way it works in the real world... BillK

BillK, we don't deny that notion at all, but rather agree fully.  We would
argue instead that the natural business cycle is actually a good thing, and
shouldn't be suppressed at enormous cost, with permanent damage as we are
seeing now.  We are wasting billions trying to prevent a recession, which
the economy and our culture really needs.  We will discover that we cannot
avoid it indefinitely anyways.  We can sure make it a hell of a lot longer
and a lot worse tho.